Every receipt printer is different, and every business has different needs. Therefore, a lot of careful thought should be put into buying a receipt printer. Here’s what you should ask before making your purchase.
- How will the receipt printer connect or interface with your computer?
- Is the receipt printer compatible with your POS software?
- Are you going to implement a printer connected to the cash drawer?
- What are the printer’s resolutions (DPI)?
- What is the printer’s speed?
- Does the printer use a tear bar or auto cutter?
- How fast can you change paper rolls with this printer?
- What is your budget?
- Is it important to your business that the printer be environmentally friendly?
- Is the printer associated with a reliable name brand?
- Does the printer have a warranty?
- Does the printer have a support team?
Information to Keep in Mind
- The 3 types of interfaces are RS-232 Serial, Parallel, and USB.
- Receipt printers can cost anywhere from $175 to $800.
- Some printers are able to reduce the amount of paper used in printing receipts. This is not only environmentally friendly, but saves your business money.
- Support teams should have extensive background knowledge on software development for your printer.
Need thermal paper? Contact Thermal Paper Plus.